The GYA Clean Air Partnership (GYACAP) serves as a technical advisory group on air quality issues to the GYCC, and as a forum for communicating air quality information, regulatory issues, and coordinate monitoring between state and federal agencies in the GYA.
The Committee consists of air resource program managers and specialists from the GYCC units as well as the Departments of Environmental Quality in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming, USGS, and the Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory. To learn more, you can find the most recent subcommittee overview HERE.
Forest Service R1/R4 Air Quality (stationed at Gallatin NF)
GYACAP Committee Meetings
Fall 2015 Meeting Notes – Teleconference, November 17, 2015 (30 kB pdf)
Presentations (linked in the notes above) follow:
- Ozone Update – WY DEQ – Darla Potter (778 kB pdf)
- Rocky Mountain Snowpack Chemistry Monitoring Program – Colorado Water Science Center, USGS – Graham A. Sextone (3 MB pdf)
- Abstract – Anderson – Nitrogen isotope composition of lichens traces a century of increased air pollution in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem from agricultural sources – Sarah Anderson, Washington State University (35 kB pdf)
- Abstract – Nanus – Mapping Critical Loads of Atmospheric Nitrogen Deposition for Aquatic Ecosystems in the Greater Yellowstone Area, USA – Leora Nanus, National Park Service (53 kB pdf)
- Alpine Stream Benthic Stream Assemblages – A Summary of Preliminary Analysis of Biological Metrics Data Describing Benthic Assemblages of Alpine Streams in the GYE – Brett D Marshall, River Continuum Concepts (1 MB pdf)
- 2016 GYA-CAP Project Proposal – Tracing Pollution Sources and Pollution Hotspots with Nitrogen Isotopes – Dave Williams, University of Wyoming (1 MB pdf)
- Yellowstone Winter Use Adaptive Management Plan Air Quality Update – Ann Rodman, Yellowstone National Park (3.1 MB pdf)
- GYA Reactive Nitrogen Assessment – Bret Schichtel, Colorado State University (4.3 MB pdf)
- WARMS Brief – Wyoming Air Resource Monitoring System Brief – Wyoming BLM (273 kB pdf)
GYACAP Committee Meetings 2004 through 2009
2007—October 17 & 18, 2007 Meeting Minutes, Pocatello, ID (160 kB pdf)
2006—October 5 & 6, 2006 Meeting Minutes, Bozeman, MT (129 kB pdf)
2005—October 5 & 6, 2005 Meeting Minutes, Gardiner, MT (334 kB pdf)
2004—October 13, 2004 Meeting Minutes, Pinedale, WY (207 kB pdf)
View meeting notes at the GYACAP Website
For current projects see the Air Resource Management – Greater Yellowstone Area Clean Air Partnership page.
- Lake and Bulk Sampling Chemistry, NADP, and IMPROVE Air Quality Data Analysis on the Bridger-Teton National Forest (USFS Region 4) (1.9 MB pdf)—Jill Grenon, et.al. US Forest Service RMRS General Technical Report RMRS-GTR-248WWW. November 2010
- GYA Clean Air Partnership Brief (95 kB pdf) 2007
- GYA Air Quality Assessment (307 kB pdf) 2005
View more GYA Clean Air Partnership documents at the GYACAP website.