The GYCC typically makes about $250,000 available annually for projects submitted by any of the GYCC units. From 2008 to 2016, the GYCC has awarded over $2 million dollars to on-the-ground projects implemented across the GYA. Partnership funds and in-kind support has resulted in more greatly nurtured relationships between GYCC units. The selected projects represent work that advances the goals and priorities of the Greater Yellowstone Coordinating Committee.
Current Priority Issues
- Ecosystem Health
- Sustainable Operations
- Connect People to the Land
- Protect the Integrity of the Greater Yellowstone Landscape
- Strategic fit: How well does the project address GYCC priorities?
- Application: How well does the project advance goals for the entire GYA ecosystem versus a single unit?
- Leverage resources: How well does the project incorporate partnerships and leverage resources?